Friday, August 29, 2014

A Musing About Roots

Lately, I've been drawn to roots. Tree roots, in particular. I feel like there's a story to be told-although I'm not sure who would tell it. I think of so many tales that have been told and written with trees and forests as settings or symbols. Trees are prolific in literature --embedded in fairytales, folktales, legends, myths, poetry, and stories of romance --and mystery.  I feel this tree has a story--and it's gnarly roots invite me in to listen. Roots are a reminder of life's grit and perseverance, as well as its frailty.

Can you just picture woodland fairies living and playing among the roots?

K is for Kindness (And Yes! Kindness Matters!)

Hello!   January is on the downside slope and we're quickly approaching February.  But it's not too late to start the year with a re...