Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Take your kids out to collect bugs!


Hello!
      Winter's been slow to arrive here in northern New England. So I hope this post finds you much warmer than I am right now. I awoke this morning to more snow on the ground. Ugh! I actually love snow...it's just that after five months, it's lost it's novelty.

Just to break the "ice" here, I have a freebie for you that you might enjoy when you have the chance to get your gang outdoors. My kids have always loved to check out the bugs and other critters outside--in the grass, by the brook, or near a pond... A mini field trip gives your gang some real fresh air, too.

This freebie will be a great start for your curious entomologists to discover and collect some insects or spiders. Whether 6 legged, or 8 legged, it's exciting to observe these creatures.

Grab a magnifying lens, a little box, a jar or a paper cup with a lid...you're good to go. (It would be even better if each child had a lens and a container.) Your kids could buddy up, too. The most important thing is to have fun exploring and observing...So, get this little freebie after you've caught your "catch"; then study, write and draw...and let your live critter go! Remember: Catch and release!

Here's the freebie...Just click on the link. It's easy to download. Just go to my store and here you go!  Happy Spring! ~ Karen

Copyright 2018 Growing Smart Readers

Bugs and Critters...Be an Entomologist!

Thanks for your interest!  As always, your interest and business are VERY MUCH appreciated. Please leave feedback to let me know how this worked out. Consider following me at my store, too. You'll get updates and flash freebies. If you follow me at Teachers Pay Teachers, you'll get an occasional note in your TpT inbox that goes to all my followers. Often, I will include a free resource that is normally priced in my store...and only available to followers! One more thing,  I usually have a sale each month!

K is for Kindness (And Yes! Kindness Matters!)

Hello!   January is on the downside slope and we're quickly approaching February.  But it's not too late to start the year with a re...