Sunday, September 14, 2014

Picture Writing Prompts--Chewing Gum for the Writer

This is a photo I took just last weekend! I chased the hot air balloon (my husband was driving) and made him stop the car to take this photo. I could only think of how this would be a cool writing prompt for my kids. What can we infer? What went wrong? Was anyone hurt? Did it land in a huge tree, or is this a bush?  Photos also can be deceiving....Writing can go in any direction with these prompts. Have you taken some fun pictures? Why not use them? 

Picture prompts stimulate our emotions, memories, and those centers of the brain where we pull together and synthesize information....Picture prompts are chewing gum for the writer! :)

K is for Kindness (And Yes! Kindness Matters!)

Hello!   January is on the downside slope and we're quickly approaching February.  But it's not too late to start the year with a re...